Saturday, August 31, 2013

Grand 5

I was so proud of the fire we made the last night! Props to Grace. We cut up a bunch of potatoes, mixed in some butter, jerky, cheese, salt, and pepper, threw them onto the first for 40 minutes, and pow, potates!


Look at our trunk! We packed this car so beautifully, imo. Some time in Nebraska we ended up with enough space to actually see through the back for a while! That was great. 

Here's the canyon from the top, which is pretty funky. Like, there's a giant canyon in the ground. 
Red rocks!! All about the red rocks. 
The bottom of this cloud looked redish because of reflecting off the red rocks we think.
On the road againnnnnnn
You don't realize how amazing it is to see mountains everywhere until you get back to your boring mid west landscapes whomp whomp. 
We overnighted in Moab, Utah and had an amazing two-hour long rafting adventure. We paddled on a 10-person boat through a couple of rapids. The funnest part was floating through a rapid outside of the boat. The weather was fantastic and our river guide was really fun. We crashed in a hotel in Sterling, Colorado I think, then spend the last day driving to Minneapolis! We arrived at Heller's house around 8 pm with enough time to shower and eat some warm food before catching the Megabus back to Madison.
What a great summer of road trips!
And now I'm back! I worked that same Monday afternoon and started professional development at Kromrey Middle School Tuesday through Thursday. Can't believe the semester is right around the corner, but I'm really excited. It's a different kind of busy, but my classes seem fun, my job is still rocking, I'm really into working with my cooperating teacher, and I'll be getting experience teaching 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th grades!

No comments:

Post a Comment