Thursday, October 17, 2013

Middleton Teaching + Miscellany

This year I'm continuing in the World Language Education program by student teaching every morning at a couple schools over in Middleton. I've been working with a 7th grade German 1 class, 9th grade German 3, and seniors in German 5. Not just by grades, but each class has a different personality and energy and enthusiasm, so let me tell you no day is boring. 

While I was figuring out my crazy schedule, I worked a little bit with this 6th grade exploratory group. They were so fun! We took a walking field trip to an authentic European bakery just down the street from the Middle School. 
On the first day of school, German parents give their children Schultüten filled with treats and goodies to wish them a sweet school year. Ist meine nicht schön? :]
The big beginning of semester project at work was bar coding every single DVD that we own in the IMC. I actually thought it was pretty fun, because I stumbled upon lots of rarities that I now really want to watch.
For example, Theremin: An Electronic Odyssey sounds pretty rockin'.
I took this shot of a UW Bookstore mannequin to send to my golfer brother. What kind of stance is that?? I love awkward mannequins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment